An inside look at WSA’s member benefits
As a state affiliate of the American Soybean Association (ASA), the Wisconsin Soybean Association (WSA) has been dedicated for 50 years to protecting farmer interests in Madison and Washington, D.C. Being a member of the grassroots organization helps grow WSA’s presence at the legislative level and positively impacts Wisconsin soybean farmers.
No one knows the soybean industry like growers themselves, which is why the WSA board comprises farmer leaders who volunteer their time to advocate on behalf of Wisconsin soybean farmers. Under their direction, and with the guidance of its members, WSA has curated a policy priority list that ensures soybean farmers’ voices and issues are at the table year-round.
Because of your membership support, we have resources to advocate on many farm-related policies, including (but not limited to):
- Tax relief
- Transportation and infrastructure funding and improvements
- Increased use and promotion around biodiesel in Wisconsin
- Utilization of the St. Lawrence Seaway and Port of Milwaukee
- Protecting valuable farm inputs and the freedom to farm
Besides investing in WSA’s policy work, your membership includes many benefits, including:
- WSA seed coupon (3-Year members only)
- Free subscription to WSA and ASA publications
- Discounted registration costs for Corn Soy Expo and Commodity Classic
- ASA benefits (soygrowers.com/states-membership/member-benefits)
It takes teamwork to protect Wisconsin’s soybean industry. WSA is fortunate to have staff, a volunteer board of farmer leaders and lobbying team working day in and day out to support the organization’s advocacy efforts. Being a member means that your voice will help guide us to the pertinent issues facing growers across the state.