Soy Choices for a Healthy Life
- Edamame, tofu, soymilk, soy nuts and other versatile ingredients like TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein) — offer flavor, texture, nutrition and health benefits.
- Century old foods that have played an important role in Asian cuisines and in recent years they have also become popular in American cuisine.
- Cholesterol-free, excellent sources of high-quality protein, and they offer a healthy mix of polyunsaturated fat.
- A protein rich food. Each serving of soyfoods provides 7 to 15 grams of protein. Experts recommend 2-3 servings of soyfoods daily for everyday wellness.
- Heart healthy. Evidence indicates that soyfoods reduce the risk of several chronic diseases including coronary heart disease, osteoporosis and certain forms of cancer.
- A nutritious choice. For women and girls key advantages to consuming about one serving of soy per day during childhood and/or adolescence. Studies from China and the United States indicate that consuming just on serving of soy each day when young may offer significant protection against breast cancer. Enjoying a cup of soymilk or ½ cup of tofu a day may reduce the chances of developing breast cancer later in life by as much as 50 percent.
Soy Connection Newsletter – Sign Up Here
2013 Wisconsin Taste of Elegance Chef-Inspired Recipes