America’s Advanced Biofuel
Soy Biodiesel is
- A clean burning fuel produced from U.S renewable resources, including soybeans grown by America’s. farmers.
- Building demand and adding value to soybeans, creating green jobs and decreasing the use of foreign oil.
- A key way to expand soybean usage. A 2% blend in all U.S. on-road diesel could use the soybean oil from nearly 500 million bushels of soybeans.
- A proven fuel. Forty million successful on-road miles demonstrate using diesel fuel with a 2% or higher blend of soy biodiesel increases lubricity and decreases equipment wear.
- Easily blended at any level with petroleum diesel to create a biodiesel blend.
- Simple to use and biodegradable.
Soybean growers are committed to growing a crop that can be used for feed, food, as well as producing fuel. Here are some important facts which show their efforts are succeeding.
- According to International Energy Agency data, global biofuels production has cut consumption of crude oil by 1 million barrels a day, offering savings of $120 million dollars a day. That’s more than $43 billion in savings per year.
- A study by the Department of Energy shows that biodiesel, largely made from soybean oil, has the highest energy balance of any liquid fuel. For every unit of energy used to make soy biodiesel, 3.5 units of energy are gained. Petroleum diesel has a negative energy balance.
- 1 billion gallons of biodiesel will reduce current life-cycle greenhouse gas emissions by 16.12 billion pounds, the equivalent of removing 1.4 million passenger vehicles from U.S. roads. To learn more about biodiesel, visit the National Biodiesel Board's website.
- Biodiesel Fuel Fact Sheets
- Biodiesel At The Pump Retail Locations Listing and Map
- Biodiesel Frequently Asked Questions
- Fuel Quality and Performance Guide
- To find biodiesel anytime, anywhere in the U.S. call 866.BIODIESEL or call 1.800.929.3437 for answers to general diesel or biodiesel questions.
Ask your fuel supplier for Soy Biodiesel today.